Gift Cards are one of the most popularly sold items as they let the receiver buy something that the like instead of gifting someone something which they may or may not like. WooCommerce Gift Card Plugins let the store owners sell gift card vouchers or coupons on their WordPress store and boost their sales. In the previous article, we talked about ‘How To Boost Your Sales Using Gift Cards?’.
Gift cards on WooCommerce can be added by two methods. The first method is where you can add multiple gift cards to a particular product and the other method is where the gift card itself is a product. The very first thing to do to start the process of selling gift cards is to go to your account general settings -> plugins -> activate gift cards for WooCommerce. This will add a gift card tab in your general settings. Now go to the gift card tab -> settings -> add coupon expiry month -> save.
Multiple Gift Cards On A Product
- To sell multiple gift cards on a particular product, the store owner has to go to the product tab in general settings.
- Select the product on which you want to add gift cards and click on edit. An edit tab will open.
- There change the product data type to ‘Gift Card’ -> check the ‘Enable Gift Card Product’ checkbox -> enter ‘Gift Card Amount’ as you desire -> Click on ‘Add’ button.
- Once you click on the ‘Add’ button, the ‘Gift Card Amount’ automatically reactivates.
- Now, add as many gift cards of different amounts as you like. To apply it on the product, click on ‘Update’ button in the right pane of the page.
Now when a customer visits the website and wants to gift someone gift card on a particular product, they can go to that product, select the amount of gift card from the choices that the owner has uploaded and checkout by adding the receiver’s details and their own details.
Gift Card As A Product
Gift Cards can also be sent as the product itself by the owner to the customers.
- To do so, Go to ‘Gift Cards’ tab in general settings -> go to ‘Add Gift Card’ tab -> give a name to the gift card in the text box -> enter the amount for the gift card as you like in ‘Gift Card Amount’ box -> write a message for the receiver in ‘Gift Card message’ Box.
- The message could be like Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, Merry Christmas, etc.
- Now, enter details like receiver’s name, receiver’s email address, sender’s name, Sender’s email address and gift card expiry date.
- Finally, check the ‘Enable to Send mail’ checkbox and click on the ‘Publish’ button on the right pane of the page.
This way the receiver gets the gift card in his/her mail and can use it by the unique code of the gift card.
So, in a nutshell, WooCommerce lets the store owner set multiple and individual gift cards, set price for the gift card, set an expiry date for the same, send gift voucher code via email to the recipient, and these are the features for just the normal WooCommerce gift card plugin. It just this easy to sell gift cards.
WooCommerce also provides premium WooCommerce gift card plugins which have added features like setting the delivery date of the gift card, allow the user to add personal image, verifying email before sending the card, and much more.
WooCommerce also provides the service to track the status of the gift cards by the owner like, if the receiver has used the gift card, is the gift card active, etc. Same goes for the receiver of the gift card, they can also check the remaining balance of the gift card, active state, expiry date, etc.
Many store owners are already using WooCommerce plugins to sell gift cards but if you are not, get right on it. At Codemenschen, accessing plugins is lot easier. You can customize the gift card according to your choice at Codemenschen. We also provide plugins in different languages like Deutsche, Danish, French, Hindi, and Swedish. So, click on the following link to open Pandora’s box: https://www.codemenschen.at/plugins/wordpress-gift-voucher-plugin/